Monday, January 25, 2010

Assorted Ramblings

Greetings and salutations from the Dena on this 25th day of January, 2010. It's been a spot of time since my last blog, and I'm not in the mood at the moment to dive into a meaty topic, so I'm just going to throw some stuff out there that's been buzzing around my head the past week or so. Perhaps I will revisit some of these again in more detail at a later time.

The Dropkick Murphys and The Bouncing Souls are two PHENOMENAL bands - if I was a musician, these are bands I'd want to be in...their music is fun, loud, and gets under your skin...it's sonic. I highly recommend checking them out on iTunes, YouTube, etc.

I have an idea to do a TV show - or an Internet show - called "Tavern Talk"...the premise...the show would be filmed in local watering holes, and would feature candid interviews with regular, ordinary people about current events...enough of this BS that we are spoon-fed every day on TV that features the stars of Hollywood, the politicians in DC, and the rich and powerful...I'd think a show that featured no one famous - just your average Joe's, would resonate - allow regular folks to hear what other regular folks are thinking and saying. Hell, if it got popular enough, maybe the a-holes in DC would start listening.

Ah, politics...what a shit show and mockery our government has become. "For the people, by the people" my ass. We are governed by the wealthy. The all mighty dollar dictates policy, not my opinion or yours. Special Interest Groups, Lobbyists...and their fiscal contributions to candidates and current officials is what matters. When was the last time ANY of your representatives asked YOU what matters to you? They are whores in sheep's clothing in DC. They sell-out to the highest bidder. They do what's best for them and their re-election bids. They are used car salesmen, nothing more. It's a disgrace. And find someone to run and tell the truth - to bring the majority of his or her constituents opinions to Capital Hill, and you will find someone that will lose. BADLY. And if they would stand up to the wrong folks who pump millions into DC, you'll read about them in their Obituary.

Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter and Smuckers Strawberry Fruit Spread (jelly) on wheat with an ice cold glass of skim milk could quite possibly be the most satisfying lunch in the world.

I've made some piss-poor choices in my life. I've fucked up. BAD. I feel strongly, however, that I have paid the price for my errors in judgement, for my lack of self-restraint, for my over-indulgence, for my lies, for my lack of will-power. I do my best each and every day to be a better person. And it sucks that some of my past mistakes continue to have an impact on me, despite the years that have passed. I do not need the reminders, I know where I've been. I'm trying to move forward, grow. It's a shame that some things continue to anchor me down...the lesson was learned, the score settled...no need for things to continue to have an adverse effect on me, my family, the boys, etc. Frustrated, Inc...that's the company I am the head of these days.

I feel myself slipping into laziness, and it's driving me nuts. I need to step away, re-evaluate, and put a foot up my ass to kick things into gear again. That first step, though, is always the hardest to find.

The Colts vs. The Saints has the potential to be a Helluva game. Two teams that deserve to be in the Superbowl are, and I'm personally pulling for the Saints. New Orleans, after the clusterfuck that was post-Katrina, deserves a victory party.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends from college this Saturday...some of the best times of my life were spent with these fella's, and I'm looking forward to feeling that spark again.

It's hard to not let my own frustrations spill over...and I think my 2 littleheads are feeling a bit of that overflow. I'm going to work on it, but still think a few days away would do them and me some good.

Yo Gabba Gabba and Max & Ruby are torture to watch...if you have children that love the shows, do your best to leave the room when they are on. Consider yourself warned!

The ACLU sucks. I respect defending people's equalities, but at the cost of things like "Merry Christmas", or "Christmas Tree"? C'mon! If someone(s) gets their panties in a bunch over that, go f yourself. Listen to the Guns N Roses song "One In A Million" off of GNR Lies...the jitbags that create stereotypes that hold people down are not the norm, they are the exception - they are one in a million...and why should weak-minded losers get everyone riled up to the point that political correctness makes us all automatons? I'm pro-equality for all, yet anti being told things that have been a major part of my life are no longer considered to be politically correct by the ACLU. Hell - opinions are like assholes - we all got them.

It disturbs me that "beauty" is being shown to be strictly thin in most mass media forums. Curves is where it's at in my humble opinion.

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." - Bertie C. Forbes...words that I'm trying to live by these days.

That's all I got at the moment. I'm sure some of it pissed some folks off...these are my views, my opinions. I won't apologize. Just a simple man trying to find my way in the world. More to come. Until then, keep on rockin' in the free world.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks the folks in Washington suck right now...check out this link...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35083918/ns/politics-white_house

    ReplyDelete