Tuesday, October 26, 2010

T-H-E Rant About Beautiful Girls



Greetings and Salutations this fine Tuesday evening, Beatdowners.


I'm thinking of swithcing things up a little on here...rather than only posting somewhat long and complex (I use that term VERY loosely) blog entries, I'm just going to start throwing a little more randomness in the mix. A little more free form.

So here goes nothing...

I stayed up last night until nearly 3am watching one of my favorite flicks...Scott Rosenberg's 1996 classic, Beautiful Girls (directed by Ted Demme, starring Timothy Hutton, Matt Dillon, Uma Thurman, Michael Rapaport, Mira Sorvino, Noah Emmerich, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Max Perlich, Lauren Holly, Rosie O'Donnell, Martha Plimpton, Natalie Portman, and Anne Bobby).

I won't go into detail on the plot. It is NOT a "chick flick"...it is awesome. You will undoubtedly find yourself relating to one, if not all, of the characters, depending on where you are in your own jounrey through life.

One of the best scenes in the movie, and one of my alltime favorite movie moments comes when Michael Rapaports character, Paul, is telling Timothy Hutton's character, Willy, why he has pictures of super models hanging all over his room, and exactly what a beautiful girl is and can do.

It's epic.  Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment