Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Thanksgiving Blog

Greetings and Salutations on Thanksgiving Eve!

So here we are, the start of the Holiday Season - tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Here in the good ol' USof A, Thanksgiving has been an annual tradition/Holiday since 1863, and marks the celebration that happened at Plymouth Plantation (Massachusetts) in 1621.  You see, back then the Wampanoag Native American Indians helped the Massachusetts pilgrims harvest the land, saving them from certain starvation; and, together they had a celebration steeped in traditions of harvest festivals that were commonplace in Europe at the time.

Anyhow, Thanksgiving has become a time for us to reflect on things we are thankful for...a time for us to take a personal inventory, so to speak, and give thanks to those around us and to the Man Upstairs, and to count our blessings, no matter how big or small.

So here is my list of what I am thankful for this year...

1. I am thankful for Steph, Gabriel, and Michael.  It goes without saying, you are the push and the inspiration for me to keep going.
2. I am thankful for Gordon, Kim, Greg, Nancy, Ethan, Eric, Alex, Izzie, and Kelly for all being the best brothers, sister-in-laws, nephews, and nieces anyone could ever ask for.
3. Even though they aren't physically here anymore, I am now and forever will be thankful for Dad, Mom, and Mom-Mom...everything I have today is due to you guys and the foundation you provided.
4. I am thankful for my own and my family's health.
5. I am very thankful for my friends, my extended family, and my friends who are family - you know who you are, and I love you all.
6. I am thankful for my home, which keeps me warm when it's cold, cool when it's hot, and dry when it's wet.
7. I am thankful for my car, which allows me to get where I need to go and when I want to go.
8. I am thankful for the food in my fridge.
9. I am thankful for the beverages in my bar.
10. I am thankful for my job, which allows me to keep and maintain #6, 7, 8, and 9!
11.  I am thankful for the mistakes I've made, the challenges that I have overcome, and for the personal growth that has stemmed from them all.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm okay with who I am today.
12. I am thankful and grateful for the brave men and women and their families who serve our country, and ensure my freedom.
13. I am thankful for believing...
14. I am thankful for opportunity...
15. I am thankful for today...
16. I am thankful for where I've been...
17. I am thankful for wherever I may be heading...
18. I am thankful for my many blessings...
19. I am thankful for all the small things in life that I seemingly take for granted every day...

AND OF COURSE...

20. I am thankful for being able to rock AWESOME like no one else.

Ask yourself today, tonight, and tomorrow - what is it that you are thankful for?

Here's hoping that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment