Monday, March 28, 2011

A Monday Blog...or On Success

Happy Monday, Beatdowners.

It's Monday - my final week here at Shepherd Electric Supply.  Overall, it's been an "enlightening" run here since last May.

I've come to realize that the only thing worth doing is something you are passionate about.

I've come to realize that money shouldn't be THE deciding factor when accepting a position.

I've come to realize that respect is critical in the workplace; when you don't get it and you know you've earned it, there is a significant disconnect.

I've come to understand that sometimes, no matter what, perception takes precedence over reality.

And most importantly, I know that much better opportunities are right around the corner...opportunities that will unquestionably lead to success for yours truly.

Success.

I dig that word.

Seth Godin (entrepreneur, author, and public speaker) wrote a book called "Poke the Box" (snicker, snicker) that spoke of success...

One thing he said makes more than perfect sense...he said that being successful doesn't necessarily mean succeeding every time; rather, being successful is all about getting another chance to succeed.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to succeed, which is right around the corner.

If you try and don't come up smelling like roses today...if you get knocked down a few notches...get back up and in the game...go out and grab another opportunity to succeed.

That's all I got at the moment.

Dominate the week.  Bring it!  DO EPIC SH*T.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment