A few OMG factoids about the quake:
- The earthquake was the world's fifth largest ever recorded.
- The tremblor caused a rift 15 miles below the sea bed that ran 186 miles long and 93 miles wide.
- The quake moved - yes, MOVED - Eastern Japan about 13 feet closer to the United States.
- The quake shifted the Earth's axis by 6.5 inches.
- The quake shifting the Earth's axis caused the day to be shortened by 1.6 microseconds.
- The quake caused Japan to sink down about 2 feet.
Again, God Bless the people of Japan...
Until next time...