Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Morning Randoms, Completely From My iPhone

Top of the morning, Beatdowners!

I'm writing this one entirely from my iPhone. A virtual computer that I can hold in one hand...amazing how far technology has come in my lifetime.

So here is some complete and total randomness. Take it for what it's worth...

Political conversations with people who believe their way is the only way & whoever differs in opinion is wrong can be so trying. I don't even know why I engage in them.

The blinders people put on re: politics, be it friends, family, or elected officials drives a majority of problems our country has. Working together, compromise, being open to differing opinions...knowing that sacrifices must be made...crossing party lines...that's what we must have; without it, our country is doomed.

$0.68 of every tax dollar our government collects is used for entitlement programs. I'm all for helping people get back on their feet, and think the general purpose behind the entitlement programs are necessary; however, they MUST be reformed. No one is entitled to have a free ride.

$0.41 of every dollar our government spends is borrowed; I sure hope the lenders don't come calling the debt...if so, bye-bye USA.

Hearing the little dudes (and their folks) call me "coach" for CYLA lacrosse is one of the neatest feelings in the world.

Why doesn't my iPhone battery hold a longer charge?!?!?

I think I've mentioned this before, but Mumford & Sons has restored my faith in music.

Watching someone morph into a troll (sorry for the Sheen-isms; but I find them hysterical), especially someone I was tight with, isn't fun.

I'm in the mood to sit at a bar & listen to some tunes and have some good conversation today; all day. Who's with me???

BSSC football games are canceled today because of wet fields; that sucks...playing football in the mud would be wicked cool.

I hate the fact that I give & give, be it advice, help, opinions, picking up tabs, an ear to bend, a shoulder to cry on, etc., and get sh*t on in return; the ONLY thing I want in return from anyone is respect.

The South got pummeled with baseball sized hail; imagine taking one of those to the dome...OUCH!

Stink bugs suck.

The O's are off to a great start...hoping the keep up the intensity and competitiveness all the way through the season...could be a lot of fun to watch!

I watched a "rockumentary" about the Foo Fighters last night on VH-1 - I've always liked the band, from day 1...but my respect for them grew 100 fold after watching the show.  Excited for their new album coming out Tuesday (4/12/11).

Equally excited for the new Beastie Boys album due out 5/3/11 - HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART TWO.

Off for another week - looking forward ti getting back in the game...chomping at the bit ready to come out swinging.

Hoping for some Sunday Funday activities - I'm bored out of my freakin' mind.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment