Monday, April 11, 2011

U2 360°

Happy Monday from a beautiful day here in Maryland, Beatdowners!

Anyone that knows me is well aware of me being a huge fan of U2 - I have been ever since I can remember.  I'm anxiously awaiting their 360° Tour to land at M&T Bank Stadium on June 22nd - only 72 days away!

Anyhow, the tour currently has the lads from Ireland in Sao Paulo, Brazil.  They played there on the 9th and again last night, and they have one more show schedule for the 13th.

Last night's set list is amazing, and hoping to see and hear a similar one in June...

They opened up with the energizing Even Better Than The Real Thing (from their EPIC album Achtung Baby).

Next came Out Of Control (from their debut album Boy), making it's first appearance on a set list for this tour - prior to last night it hadn't been played since December, 2006.

They then jammed two of my favorites from No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots and Magnificent.

Mysterious Ways came next, followed by Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and Pride (In The Name Of Love).

They played a new song (from their upcoming yet-to-be-named release) called North Star, and followed that one up with Beautiful Day and Miss Sarajevo (wasn't a big fan of this one live when I saw them on the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb tour).

Next up - Zooropa.  WOW.  That's one I would LOVE to see live.  This was the first time they ever played the full version, as the other 3 times they ever played it they began the song at the verse that starts off, "And I have no compass...".  The last time they played this one live in any capacity prior to this show was WAY back in August of 1993.  Really hoping this one makes the list in Baltimore, it's one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite U2 albums.

Then came City Of Blinding LightsVertigoI'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy TonightSunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet (from October), and finally Walk On.

For encores, they played OneWhere The Streets Have No Name, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, and closed with Moment of Surrender.

Quite a show, if you ask me.  The only songs I didn't see on here that would make it even more awesome is my 2 all time favorite U2 songs, New Year's Day and Drowning Man.

Looking forward to the show in Baltimore...it will be MAGNIFICENT, a bit OUT OF CONTROL, and a BEAUTIFUL DAY for sure!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment