Friday, February 4, 2011

A Little Bit of Chicken Fried...

TGIF Beatdowners...
So a quick one for you...

I'm not much of a country music fan. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the more upbeat, beer drinking tunes that make me think of summer or a NASCAR race infield party...

Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band
Beer in Mexico by Kenny Chesney
I Love This Bar by Toby Keith
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere by Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer by Billy Currington

You get the picture.

Anyhow, a guy I sit near at work plays WPOC (Baltimore's country station) all day now that the football season is over (since the Ravens got bounced by the Steelers)...and I gotta say, that station has my upmost respect.

Why?

Every day (during the week, at least) at Noon, they play the Star Spangled Banner. 
Without missing a beat. 
High Noon. 
A different country star's version.

An outstanding tribute.

An amazing patriotic act.

One that makes me proud to be an American.

Thanks, WPOC for keeping it real, for the daily reminder that despite all the BS we do live in the greatest country on Earth, and for reminding everyone listening that when it all comes down to it, we are AMERICANS first and foremost.

That's it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment